Written by: Malaika Abid – Grade 10
Cookies. Just the word brings to mind pictures of the huge assortment of cookies we have available to us. Sweet teeth begin to tingle upon the mere mention of decadent chocolate chippers, the Oreo bundle of delight, or even plain old butter cookies. However, there are quite a few individuals out there who cannot enjoy these circles of joy due to one key ingredient: flour. Flour usually contains gluten and this particular group of people cannot digest gluten.
However, before you begin to despair my readers, I have come to the rescue of the gluten allergic people by bringing you this delicious recipe that contains no flour at all. Here we go:
- 1 cup of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy will work)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of white sugar
(Makes 10-12 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease your cookie sheet/tray.
- Beat the egg
- Add the sugar.
- When they the egg and sugar are thoroughly combined, add the peanut butter and mix.
- When the mixture is dough-like, pick up portions of it and shape them into cookies. Place them on the greased cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and wait for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden.